What is the Summit about?
This is a transformative program where high school girls develop leadership skills, develop and plan the summit, learn to empower themselves, and hear from an all-star lineup of women leaders from across all sectors. There will be fun workshops, inspiring speakers, and great snacks!
This Summit is girl-led (by our Teen Council) and girl-focused. Here are some examples of workshops from last years summit:
- Women in Media: Confidence, Body Image, Leadership in the age of Social Media: We all love media, but learn more about who creates it, how they do it and how girls fit into the process
- Women’s Activism + Intersectionality: Learn ways to change your community today + how women of all backgrounds fit into the movement
- Future’s Fair: Meet local organizations and sign up for summer opportunities/internships
- Entrepreneurship: Building Movements, Businesses, and the Future you Want: Learn about how to start your own business and/or get a community’s support behind your ideas.
The Next Leadership Summit
The 4th Annual Leadership Summit will on Wednesday, April 4, 2018 from 9:00AM – 2:00PM! Check In starts at 8:00AM. The Summit will take place in the Smith Memorial Student Union Ballroom (3rd Floor), 1825 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97201. If you have questions, please contact 503.725.2895.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m out of the Portland area- can I still participate?
Absolutely! We welcome any girl who is able to come to the Summit, regardless of where you live. Some schools with a further distance to travel have opted to provide a bus for a group of students. We welcome larger groups on buses and know it can be particularly powerful for students to get to attend with their fellow students. We also suggest TriMet or carpooling with other participants.
How do I register?
Registration for this year’s Summit will open later this fall! Sign up for our mailing list to stay tuned!
What do students receive for $15?
- Access to some of the most exciting women leaders in the state
- The opportunity to meet with other amazing young leaders from their community
- Lunch and an awesome t-shirt!
I still have more questions!
We believe there are no dumb questions, and we will do our best to answer any and all that you have. We also welcome feedback and creativity. This program is the result of much love and we know it will continue to grow. We welcome your creative approaches to the work we do, and we are always happy to hear your ideas for making it better. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.